Re: proper slip yoke clearance

Hi neal,

You can estimate this with a little geometry.
Presume that, when the rear suspension is up against the bump-stops, the slip yoke is at it's farthest point forward. If the driveshaft is 45 inches long, the slip yoke will move 1 inch if there is 9.5 inches of suspension travel. If the driveshaft is longer than 45 inches, you can tolerate more suspension travel before the slip yoke hits the trans housing.
If the driveshaft is shorter than 45 inches, you can tolerate less....ditto.

pigdoc