Re: Aluminum vs. cast iron

Thanks to y'all and to Gary H link on HOT ROD mopar intake shoot out comparison-- I will use the Performer RPM. Sounds ideal in how I want to build the engine with stock heads for now, and will work even better if and when I want to upgrade the heads. BTW- I bought on e-pay a 4 speed floor hump. When I can get back to it, I will mark the position where it will go and then take everything including the K frame out again and then blast and paint from in front of doors forward.. I am still looking for a big block 62-65 B body clutch fork...................MO.........sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Dulmage" <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: Aluminum vs. cast iron

The performerRPM is more than a weight issue. vic and hs crew worked on it for a couple years. I saw a early version once when talking to a rep. The power of the Perf RPM is within spitingdistance f the very best single plane for top end. The characteristics torque wise are phenominal. I recommend it often for any OR builds since it has the fattest power band of all. More average hp boost throughout the entire RPM range. So if your AVERAGE HP boost is higher than the competitions , unless their peak is exceptionally high er than the other the highest average hp boost will be the quicker car even when the highest peak may be slightly faster (MPH vers ET MPH means faster Quicker means ET) We hae installed a Performer RPM on a 72 Challenger 383 4 speed. It had first a stock 383 4 bbl then a wiend action plus. Denny who owns it says there is absolutely no comparison. The car is much faster quicker and runs much better with the Perf RPM. Oh yeajh , it fts under the stock hood to no trouble. It is higher than stcok but still enough rom Pf course our 62 to 65s are like a cavern compared to the 70 challengers and cudas so it should be no trouble there either. Bill Parsons Black 64 Dodge which some of you saw a Carlise runs one on its 440 OR build too. No trouble hood wise. Very smooth powerful engine with no bad habits. Bill runs an 800 AFb on his. Denny has a 750 AFB on the Challenger. In my humble opinion Vics Performer RPM plus is an exceptional manifold and raises the bar so to speak on dual plane design. It is very well suited to our BB mopars.
Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Chervinsky" <63hemipolara@xxxxxxxxx>