RE: Anyone near Wilmington, NC???

62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I talked to owner on the phone, and sent via PayPal $500 to hold it for
> me, then flew down and paid the remainder in cash
>
> She mention eBay, but I think she's talking PayPal (owned by the same
> company) If the car is not legit, you can file a dispute with PayPal and
>
> get your money back..
>
> there is always the possiblity PayPal could not get the money back.. but
>
> if you try to make every transaction you ever make sooo safe you can't
> ever get hurt.. you'll never buy anything.. PayPal is very safe way to
> go..
>
> here again it is a risk/reward situation... how much to risk for great
> reward.. offer $100 or $200 as a deposit, to hold the car.. again better
>
> than sending $5900 to buy a car sight unseen
>
> Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:

This is why this SCAM is soooo effective and continues to work. They
take advantage of people's inherent greed. Instead of getting $5K from
one person, they get a couple hundred $$$ from a bunch of people then
disappear. They close the PP account and you never get a dime back. They
post a SOLD notice on the ad, and move on to the next car.

If she really has the car as to see a pic of that day's newspaper laid
up on the windshield near the VIN.

Also tell her that you live in Seattle and shipping is going to be $4000
dollars. IF she still agrees to eat that $4K then you know it's a SCAM -
like you didn't already.

I'll give you $100 if you get that non-photoshopped picture...

----