Re: Oh well, it keeps me busy

"... it started to cut out like a vapor lock issue"

sometimes that's the type of thing that happens when your ECU starts to fail. I had one start to do that to me, then at a stop light, the motor just cut out and died. I was able to start it back up a couple more times and then no more. I always carry an extra ECU, regulator and ballast resistor, sometimes swapping in a new ECU will work. but then there still might be other issues that made the Ecu or engine quit. In my case, when it died on me again we started probing with a test light. and it turned out to be a bad wire folded up in the wiring harness. but you just never know with these electronic devices, everything is all sealed up in side of them making them some what a mystery. sometimes I check to see how warm or hot they feel, I read somewhere that the ECU doesn't like heat so if it's almost to hot to touch maybe there's a problem? sometimes my coil gets to hot to touch and that worries me, but it hasn't happened lately, so maybe the wire issue was causing that too? I know you just re-did the wiring so maybe I'm way off base here? but I just thought I'd relate some of the gremlins I've dealt with... I'm always wondering when and where the next
one will pop up ,,? dam gremlins (o;

you know, that same pulley issue that, at idle, won't turn your fan or WP fast enough also doesn't seem to turn the alt. fast enough, either. just wondering if a bigger crank pulley might cure both problems? now I just confused myself?? dam gremlins ... -o:

at least know, you are not alone

BTY- FEAR stands for False Evidence Appearing Real

Schuyler
62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me with your needs -
 <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>