Re: Was Tire Sizes and how to calculate(now need to know tips on first

Re: Was Tire Sizes and how to calculate(now need to know tips on first startup

${top_text_ad}
Layne,

If you have a set you can "borrow" from someone to check sizing, it helps alot.

I borrowed my buddy's Magnum 500's and slapped them on my 65 Coronet
500 'vert. They were 15x8's w/ 275/60's in the rear, and 15x7's w/
225/70's up front. They "fit and cleared" everything, but I could
barely slide my fingers between the outside of the wheel well and the
outside of the tire. I'm sure if I put anyone in the back seat or hit
any kind of a bump, they would rub. Up front, I had barely 1/2"
between the bottom of the fender arch @ the front when the tire
turns...a little too close for comfort to me. Because of this, I
decided to go with 255/60's on the rear and 215/70's up front.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Layne Grissman<64Polara500@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That actually sounds pretty good....I was looking at 285/60's and that
> height was about 29.5" which should help the RPM's a bit...and Herb,
> No offense taken...whatsoever....your points are well taken and
> understood.  If we had the "typical" restore or build, I would go
> along with your ideals 100%.  I will check the clearances as yourself
> and Jeff suggested and see how everything goes...My Father and I are
> about 2-3 weeks out from finally getting our car running...and we are
> looking at all angles right now....
>
> She is a beauty, and can't wait to hear that first startup of the engine...
>
> Now If anyone has read this far...lol..Can anyone give me some
> pointers on startup check lists, priming the engine, What things I
> should look out for and prepare for on first startup?  The engine has
> been sitting for a while...and I want to make sure everything goes as
> smoothly as possible.
>
> BTW, Jeff, Thanks for the Tire sizes and RPM's you are running...This
> helps TREMENDOUSLY!!!

${bottom_text_ad}
----

This email was sent to: ${recipient}