Very Interesting Story

Wow John...what a story. Hope it gets finished...a bit more info...

"Ollie's Ramblings"

I had bought this 65 Satellite for a few parts for my real car, MS Cruiser. The man would not part it out so it was all or nothing. All I actually wanted were the arm rests and right side door glass.

Every morning sitting on my back porch, drinking coffee, getting my kick start for the day, I would look at the 65 Ply B Body resting in the backyard. Got a feeling way down low in my heart that she was not happy sitting there rusting away. Knowing she was not happy, her pains started to grow on me.

One day..I heard a rumble from above.must have been a Mopar God.he sent down the bolt of lightening.and it hit me. After picking myself off the ground..dusting myself off.the vision came to me. Lets clone this car into the 1965 Petty Stock Car.

Off to the track and into the pits we went. Many laps and a few races behind,  me and the wife are making progress. We have removed all the sellable chrome, side windows and tracks, A/C heater, dash insterment cluster, motor and transmission. Our endevor has been to do this car as cheaply as possible. The rear springs were all busted up, got junk yard ones to replace them. Bent strut rod, replaced it but lower control arm is to bent and must be changed out. It will come off MS Cruiser. Brakes.....well no cheap way here. All replaced, new lines and upgraded to dual master cylinder. Fuel tank is a fuel cell and interior is wood paneling. Seats, cheapest Summut had. Seat belts original from car cleaned as best we could.

Parts taken from MS Crusier, the real car, and put on the "stock car" are upgraded on MS Crusier. Master cylinder was a spring type top..always leaked a bit, was put on the race car and a bolt type top put on MS Cruiser. Windshield will come out of MS Cruiser and she will get a new one. Roll bars will be made out of exhaust pipe.

Had alot of rust to deal with. Made my own floor pans. All body rust was only fixed with fiberglass. Wiring is an issue. She had a electrial fire, mostly in the A/C heater and horn system. The light harness all checks good with my meter. Going to rewire it ourselves with power directly to the light switch.

Power plant..again wanted to be different. How many of these engines do you see at a car show? We will be hitting the track before to much longer, with our slant six powered Petty Stock Car. Hopefully we will lead the pack as "The King" did.

The outside will be as correct as possible. I have some pics of the original and my trim shop tells me he can make decals that will be pretty close.

It should be a fun car to take to the geocery store and I am sure most will love it at a car show.

Hey...us Mopar nuts like driving arond in a "one of a kind".. not one of 3 million Stangs! She should be a 1 of 1. By the way all 65 Satellites were V-8's.

Ollie

----