Torque Converter Question...Please help

I need to know what Aftermarket Torque converter will work with our
cars....We had a 12" aftermarket CCP but it literally sat back too far
where the bendix drive from the starter wasn't meshing with the ring
when being engaged.

Please forgive if I sound like an idiot on this, but I am in need of a
decent Streetable 2400-2800 Stall torque converter that fits
stock...and will engage when the starter is engaged....

Help!!

Layne
'64 Polara 500 (She wants to run sooo badly)