From: David Rodgers <drodgers2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 361 performance  1965 Coronet 500
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 3:35 PM
I am new to the group and just wanted
to ask a few questions.  I just purchased a 1965
Coronet 500 with 42K on it with a 361 v8. It has had an
Edelbrock carb with correct dual exhaust installed on
it.  The engine runs pretty fair but I am wondering
what I can do to get it closer to the performance of a
383.  It has factory A/C so I am pretty sure the rear
axle ratio is a 2.76 so I thought about going to a 3.23 that
I have in my garage from a 67 Coronet.  I want better
low end torque but keeping the car still smooth to
drive.  Any thought I would appreciate it.  The
car is pretty original except for one repaint.  Thanks
again.  Dave