I did it !!

Hi Everybody,
After giving it much thought and reading Rich K reports, I finally did it.
Rich reported that his temp problems all went away when he was running around with his hood off.
I have a scoop on my 65 Satellite and yesterday I cut out the panels on the hood under the scoop. After this act of terrorism I went for a very rowdy ride. AC on, foot imbedded in the carb and what a difference it has made. My temp never exceeded 215. That was with very high RPM's and excessive speeds. I think I actually had better performance as the intake got better air. Thought I had improved the carb sound with my H pipe but I really love it now. That street avenger sounds so good sucking up the fuel!
Regaining control of myself and driving a normal 65 to 70 mph, with ac on my temp settled down to 195. When I got home and checked it out the heat was pouring out of the scoop. Yesterday was a cool day in Mississippi. It was 86 and humidity was low. Just had a front blow thru. Think a normal 95+ day will not be a problem.
Like it or not.. its what I did and I am happy.  I am not so sure that I like the red patches under the hood. Will look at it more and if I don't like it I will repaint the underside of the scoop. At the same time repaint the hood itself and install some edging around the holes.
When I sell the car, I have another hood that will go with it and the new owner can do as he pleases.
Enjoy the pics...
Ollie
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965/Hood#

----