Disc brake conversion/ torsion bar adjustment

Disc brake conversion/ torsion bar adjustment

I converted the front 10" drum brakes on my 64 Plymouth Sport Fury using spindles from a 73 Dart. I also put in new torsion bars. I could not figure out why I needed to fill the rear voids where the torsion bars anchor with grease, so asked Richard Ehrenberg. He said it was to stop rust and corrosion as the boot seals are not that good and water can collect in those spaces.

Also, I grabbed my service manual and started to adjust the front of the car per specs. Hmmm. No way. I'd have had to drop the front end to the ground, or so it seemed. My son probably had the correct analysis, that there is a difference between the 64 and 73 spindles which would affect the numbers. Anyway, we leveled the car all around using the rear frame-to-ground measurements, got it  all to (+ -) 1/8" and called it good. The car is level, drives nicely, rebounds well on rough surfaces, so it seems to be good.

If you know differently, please advise.

Thanks/Butch/Ferndale, WA

----