Re: 392 Hemi

Bill and Ollie - you guys are pushing me over the edge!  Thanks for your support - I think!  Ollie - I had that same thought about how a 440 is no more correct for the car than a 392, so why not?  The one thing with the 440 is I could put the cross ram on it that I love the look of so much.  But I'm not into the clone thing - more of a period correct feel.  I always looked at my car as ending up to be what I might have done with it in the late 60s if I had a 318 car.  A 392 fits that criteria as well.

And Bill - you hit on the other part that's pushing me to do it - it would be different and unique - which really sums up the life of the Mopar man.  I think that's why we love them so much - there aren't as many of them around.  My love of drag racing and drag racing history puts the 392 on my list of iconic Chrysler engines - one of the early foundations of Chrysler's dominance in fuel racing.

Thanks, guys.

Dave

Dave,
Here comes Ollie's 2 cents.....
We all laugh about the 350 Chebbies in everything....
You kinda come out the same with a 440 in our cars.
Wish in second thought I had used a 340 in my 65 Satellite, rare engine and rare car.
So no 440 in a 64 either so why not a 392?
I like it.
Ollie