Re: old mopars drying up?

good thoughts guys, but to play devils advocate heres a though: when i
graduated high school in '81, ( I'm 46, probably a bit younger than
most here) we thought the old rods and lead sleds  were for losers and
now  they seem to have made a comeback , albeit through the rat rod
thing . I even like them now and back when I was young  I wouldnt even
turn my head to look at them, except to say something nasty .maybe,
But still they have come back, so maybe there could be a second wind
down the road for our cars. This of course assumes that they are dying
out in interest, maybe, maybe not, as i said befoore with current
economy woes it's hard to say.
  Oh well, regardless of where current reality lies I like my old cars
and love working on them. I consider myself fortunate to have been in
the last generation of "cruisers" around here. Got my first Mopar in
fall of '81 (  it  was a Butterscotch  71 cuda with 75000 miles for
1800 bucks turnkey and drive away) and enjoyed  about 4 years of
"cruisin' the gut" every friday and saturday night, till drunken
rowdies and flowerbed urinating goons ruined it for everyone and the
cops shut it all down. So I feel  lucky  to have got to experience the
tail end of spontaneous cruising. Yes , it was probably better in the
early 70s when my big sisters would cruise their '60 Plymouth Fury,
but I still had a lot of fun on those friday and saturday nights
Memories of a lifetime.
 Now I talk to young kids about the gut and they just stare at you,
their whole idea of cruising is organized shows once a year with
cruising " events". I tell them about the "old days, when the rage was
Pro Street.They can't believe the mad thrash we used to go through to
take the car apart Sunday morning  for your next upgrade and get it
all back together by the next Friday nite. Wish I had some of that
energy now. LOL
  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

----