RE: Repair Mistakes & Blunders

Ooh, ooh, I have one. Took my 69 Dart Swinger 340 to Jegs in Columbus on
my way to work in 1976. Bought tires from them and had them mounted. I
waited in the customer lounge with other guys having their cars worked
on for over an hour before they came and told me they had broken off 3
lugnuts trying to get the Cragars off the rear. They showed me the
lughnuts and I could tell which direction they had been twisted off...
of course they tried to loosen them the wrong direction. They had to
have the local Dodge dealership UPS the studs over. In the end I was an
hour late for work and they charged me $32 to mount 2 tires... in 1976
that should have been about $6. They never owned up to the mistake, and
me and the service manager got into a shouting match in the lounge. I
told them me or none of my friends would ever have a car in there again,
loud enough so EVERYONE could hear. Needless to say, Jegs doesn't
service other people's cars anymore.

Ollie wrote:

> I am sure there are many left lug stories....da......cool
> Ollie

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----