RE: Mounted on wrecker '62

Bad condenser is a good guess.  Is the eccentric on the distributor
shaft rough?  If so it will wear down the part of the points that runs
against it changing the point gap.  That could explain why it happened
after a bit of a drive.  Not trying to fire at all tends to make me
think ignition.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727