Re: A/Stock final

The Ford Thuderbolts and Mercury Cyclones could not compete with the Mopars......Period.
The only car that came close to the Mopars was Bill Jenkins and it was rare for him to beat the Mopars.
The A/S and A/SA classes were dominated by Mopar in the 60's.
I am dating myself here, but I witnessed the era and to hear Lindamood take Color Me Gone down the strip was awesome. When that torqueflite shifted, it was like 2 2x4's slapping together.
I worked for Ed Martin Ford in Inidanapolis, Indiana during 63 and 64 as a warranty writer when I was going to college.He had a driver by the name of Don Arms who was the parts manager and he hated going against the Mopars because he knew the car was toast against the A/S Mopars. As far as I know, Ford only put out a 4 speed version of the Thunderbolt.
I got to move it from the Shop to the back storage area once and pushing in the clutch was a chore.
The feeling of sitting in that car was unforgettable.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post