Re: A/Stock final

I remember seeing an injected 327 in his Chevelle, though it was probably stroked.
Grumpy was a hole shot artist but the Max Wedges caught him at the half way point and just pulled on past.
I remember Pontiac came out with an altered wheel base GTO with the 421 that was competitive.
When Mopar came out with the 42 Hemi it was all over for the other teams.
Nothing, and I mean nothing could compete with them.
The only way they lost in A/S was if the driver missed a shift.
It's weird that Arnold Palmer was the biggest Dodge dealer in the Midwest and I don't remember him having a factory drag car though he probably did.
I have the Color Me Gone car, Mopar Missle, Jayhawker, and Sox and Martin cars as the most memorable.
Drag racing today is not as fun as it was back then.
Technology has taken the "mystery", "excitement" out of the sport.
You can insert your own choice of word for mystery or excitement.
It's a feeling that I can't describe; All I know is that it's just not as fun and exciting as it used to be.
I'm 65 and still like to go fast....Just a kid that won't grow up I guess.
I know my grandchildren think me and my 65 are cool...Probably the car they think is cool.....
There is an old wives tale that Chevy originally came up with the Hemi head engine but didn't follow through with a production engine and Walter Chrysler hired the engineer that came up with the idea and let him develop the engine that came out in Desoto as the Firedome and the rest as they say is history.
Don't know if the story is true but it makes for good debate.
Alas, marriage and children ended fun cars.

Later
Bill