Sloppy Mirror Pivot Fix

The pivot of the side view mirror on my '65 is sloppy.  This is the same manual
adjust mirror on many of our 62-65 cars.

There is a good fix in the November, 2010 edition of Auto Restorer magazine.

They used red Loctite thread sealer - you can start with blue if you are a
little nervous about the red Loctite.  Anyway, put some in the pivot area, work
the mirror around and it will tighten up.  However, it will still move after it
dries so you can adjust it as needed. Author claimed it lasted two years before
he had to do it again.  Considering that repoped mirrors are $150, it's worth a
try.

BTW - I find this non-brand specific magazine chock full of good restoration
tips.  I read if cover to cover and it's a keeper for future reference.
Subscription is $29/year.

Akron Don Gallimore