Re: 1964 Dodge Polara Radio

Radios were optional prior to the 1980's.  Thus all Dodges could be
had with no radio.  My father's 1965 and 1970 Dodge Polaras had no
radios.  Not "radio delete", though, as you have to have a radio
before you can delete it.

No radio - no antenna.  Starting in 1973 Chrysler installed the
antenna mounting hardware in the fender on all cars.  If you ordered
the radio the complete antenna was installed.  If you installed a
radio on a radio-less 1973 and Mopar you replaced the plug with the
antenna and attaching nuts, etc.  Prior to 1973 you had to drill the
hole and acquire the antenna with all the mounting hardware.

Rear speakers were optional, in addtion to the radio.  So you could
get a radio with no rear speaker.

Sounds as if your car came from the factory with no radio.  If your
Dodge was built at Hamtramck ("2" for the fourth digit from the left
in the VIN)  the data tag should be blank under the "R".  The 1965
would have the radio information under O and S, and again, no radio,
no information.

Bill
Toronto, ON