RE: Rear Glass 64 Polara 2dr hdtp

I agree....If you don't have to take it out, don't. Just tape it off after taking the chrome off. I had to take my windshield out of my 65 Coronet because I needed to work on a rust problem in lower water channels.
Had the glass well protected..(I thought) but the guy doing the paint let his son roam around the garage with a bb gun....You can guess what happened next. He did a shitty paint job and didn't replace the windshield.
The glass companies have windshield and back windows and my cost was $250 for the seal and glass.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post.
P.S. working on the lower water channels to repair rust is a bitch..