Re: Inner and Outer Seal failure- Rear end- 64 Plymouth

Re: Inner and Outer Seal failure- Rear end- 64 Plymouth

A seal is a seal,,,,, if does not seal then it is bad,,,,, the inner seal
is to stop all oil from getting past it,? you did not by chance put the seal
in  backward did you, the outer seal is to keep the grease on the bearing,
and the  dust from the brakes from getting to the bearing,,,,,,,
you also have to be careful when installing the axle after the inner seal
has been installed, they will not handle the axle shaft being slid down them
 while installing it,,,,,

In a message dated 5/6/2011 3:02:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,