From: Mike & Deb <lefevre@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Torque Converter
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jay,
Roger is correct. Your OEM converter is starting toward stall speed at 1000 RPM and wanting to move. I assume you still have the original 64 transmission and if so the sources for a higher stall converter are limited. You can probably get yours modified or convert the front of the trans to later model size input shaft which really opens up converter selection.
Mike LeFevre