Re: hot starting & fuel?

Okay thanks I'll do that, if not it's gonna be ignition? If so I'll start with a thicker gasket n then larger lines etc. Is there a point when these motors, trannys, start having problems? It's got 110k no rebuild I believe. Just wat to look out for I guess

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 25, 2011, at 6:33 PM, "65" <65val@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, the intake needs to be removed to block the passage. You insert thin tin plates in between the intake and the heads at the X-Over location.

Best way to see if you do indeed have a fuel boiling problem is to ; drive car until its completely warmed up, park it and wait a few minutes, then open the hood, remove the air cleaner and look down the carb throat. Do not start the engine or move the throttle. If you see raw fuel in the venturi or on the throttle plates, or fuel dripping from the boosters, then you have fuel boiling out of the bowls and flooding the engine during hot soak. Plug condition (color) is not indicative of hot-soak flooding or not.
----- Original Message -----
From: jacob fox
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: hot starting & fuel?

okay so my carb doesnt have anything electric on it. its just a 2b carb. i dont really know the make, ill have to look it up in the service manual. how would you go about blocking that x over? hopefully without pulling the intake. i need to pull plugs....maybe they would show if its flooding at startup? im trying to think of the easiest and cheapest solution to try first. before i start tearing stuff apart. :P but in other news, hopefully the people at mmpar.com has my horn piece and trunk emblem! i believe thats all i need for a fully restored car! besides a little crack in my dash pad....which im not EVEN gonna ask for. i know theres no possible way of finding another one lol

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Jacob Fox <imfast101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay thanks I'll look at it when I get home. Yea I haven't checked the fuel filter yet, I'ma do that ASAP. I'm interested to see what comes out of it. I might put one before pump and after to see if I got rust without pulling that tank, it's full of gas! I hate to go with a electric fuel pump. I went w one on an elco and it always gave me some kind of problem. I went back with a manual performance fuel pump and all my problems were over. The guy I bought it from said he replaced fuel pump, it's obvious he did cause it looks brand new. Ima check out that x over whenever I can see the pic on my computer n look at car. I feel that I'ma replace everything on ignition and fuel and it's gonna be the last thing I change and cost a fortune :P

Sent from my iPhone

--
--

--