From: Mike & Deb <lefevre@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: 64 Polara side trim removal

Try Restoration Specialties or Joe Suchy or Kramers.
Mike LeFevre

On 10/15/2011 4:40 AM, Spiketon Ridgerunner wrote:
Know of a good source to get replacement clips? I need to replace most of those after I removed the trim on my '64 Polora for body work and primer

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments

> [...]
> center plug and screwing in a screw and pried the center plug out.
> Once out, the bigger clip comes right off.
>
> If you can access the inside of the car where the clips are (trunk,
> doors, fenders, ) you can take a small punch and push the pins out
> enough to pull them out of the clips with pliers.
>
> Otherwise, you either lose the clips by driving them in all the way or
> you lose them by cutting them off.
>
> Like was said before, if you have the trim retaining nuts off, the
> trim will separate from the plastic clips easily.
>

> K.
>
> On Oct 14, 12:38 pm, Mike & Deb <lefe...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ruth,
> > I would imagine your trim clip system is similar to my 1965 Belvedere so
> > I will explain how my trim fastens to the body. In the trunk the
> > accessible clips have plastic nuts for retainage. The inaccessible clips
> > are plastic with a round plug/wedge that expands the tabs that fit
> > through the hole in the sheetmetal. I used plastic tools from Eastwood
> > to pry the trim off those clips. The only way I could remove the plastic
> > clips was to drive the round wedges though the clip-losing the wedges
> > inside. The clips fall off then. Since my car was on a rotisserie I was
> > able to retrieve most if not all of the wedges. Other areas had metal
> > clips which snapped into the holes. I hope this info will help you!
> > Mike LeFevre
> >
> > On 10/14/2011 7:38 AM, Ruth Gordon wrote:
> >

> > > I've got super nice 4 door trim on my parts car I want to market - but
> > > first I want to get it off in case I trash it in the process! Fenders
> > > are off the car which helps some. I see plastic clips from back side.
> > > How to get these off please. Thanks, Ruth
> > > --
> > > --
> > > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> > > directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and
> > > negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> > > recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> > > protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune
> > > the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
> >
> > > 1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > >http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.htmland
> > >http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
> > > --
> > > Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.
>
> --
> --
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

Try Restoration Speciaties