The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Member April 2006 Colin 1957 Plymouth in Oz !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

57plybel
Posted 2006-04-26 3:16 AM (#54759)
Subject: New Member April 2006 Colin 1957 Plymouth in Oz !

Extreme Veteran

Hi everyone,

Have been and a frequent visitor to the site since only discovering it quite recently and hats off to the people who give their time and effort so freely. My car is ex Los Angeles and has been in Australia since at least the early 90's. Has not seen the road since 1979 but I've had her since 1998 and got her running in 2003. Had a bit of rust and some substantial body damage at one point but is now presentable. Has power brakes, steering, windows and seats. No aircon. It will now lead a very pampered life. When funds / time permits, it will be treated to a body off resto, but for now will have to settle for a full mechanical resto (completed) and a tarted up body. The co-axial steering box, trunnions, centerplane brakes were a real bear to work with but made a good challenge ! Have made many acquaintances and a few close friends, so has been very worthwhile so far. My name is Colin and I have a technical background, so might be able to reply to a few posts, especially relaying my experiences so far. As you guys know, a lot of shops have a hard time dealing with fixing old components as most are happy to throw a modern broken part in the bin and swap in a new one. My admiration for Mopar has grown since I have been able to rebuild, clean and free up a lot of my cars parts. NOTHING worked on the car when purchased but now it drives like a dream. Am fixing power windows at present. (Thanks for instructions Glenn - NZ) !

Anyhow, am planning to go to Tulsa next year and hope to meet a few people there from the forum and/or clubs. Dont forget to wears something identifiable like a hat or tee shirt !!!

I work for an American Tooling company by chance (hq. Pennsylvania) and did my apprenticeship at a brake manufacturer. Programming CNC's, machining, making one-offs etc etc have all been part of the job at some stage and are a good background for cars. Although I have received a few sideways glances during job interviews when I ask, "How big is your plating bath" or "where is your sandblaster located?"

Just glad to be here ! Keep up the good info .....................

Cars rego is period for Melbourne, Australia BTW !!!

Edited by 57plybel 2006-04-26 3:46 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57plybel
Posted 2006-04-26 3:31 AM (#54760 - in reply to #54759)
Subject: RE: New Member April 2006 Colin 1957 Plymouth in Oz !

Extreme Veteran

OOPS, had trouble loading a pic. Will try again................

Forgot to add that I believe the original owners of the 57 are still alive in Riverside California if anyone lives close by ! I'd love a picture. Looked 'em up on the net.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)