The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Imperial rear axle strut support bushings
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Steering and SuspensionMessage format

60 Imp
Posted 2023-09-04 8:15 AM (#631726)
Subject: Imperial rear axle strut support bushings

Hello, I am looking for a source for Imp rear axle strut support bushings for my 60 Imperial crown coupe. I can see a source on ebay (looks like a good price, but no international shipping),
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=r...

Other sources are 3 times this price.

Am also looking for a steering pump and steering box seal kits. I prefer to buy from the folks who manufacture the kits if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Steve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2023-09-04 10:20 AM (#631727 - in reply to #631726)
Subject: RE: Imperial rear axle strut support bushings

Expert 5K+

I bought a used set of Imperial axle struts to adapt to my 56 Dodge D500 (for "fun").

I saw the same eBay strut bushing auction back then (this past March ?) but I decided to wait and try a local leaf spring manufacturing/repair/rearching place.

When I got the Imperial struts from eBay, I drove to a spring shop and showed them what I had, asking if they could help with new bushings.

They said "Yes, probably, leave them with us". I asked about the price and what I remember was they were going to be much less than even that eBay auction that you've flagged.

I didn't leave the shop with my struts since I wanted to figure out whether they would actually work or not. (They will - with some work).

BOTTOMLINE: Suggest you try a local spring shop before pulling the trigger on that eBay auction offering.

REFERENCE: http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=78186&...

Edited by 56D500boy 2023-09-04 10:22 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)