The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fog on Driver's Side Front Window - Heater Core
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Heating, Cooling and Air ConditioningMessage format

madfins
Posted 2024-02-20 2:48 PM (#633815)
Subject: Fog on Driver's Side Front Window - Heater Core

Regular

I recently had work done on my interior (front seat upholstery repair and repainting of my dashboard and driver's info pod atop it).

In order to do all of the work, both the front seat and dashboard were removed.

During my most recent drive since the work was completed, fog began forming inside my front windshield as I was using the heater - both low and high along with defroster to test things out. The other thing I noticed is the air button (not A/C - just to get air into the car from outside) operates but I did not feel much, if any air, coming in.

I immediately thought 'heater core'. The car is 64 years old and the original heater core was replaced around 30-32 years ago so it does not surprise me that 30-32 yars later it is time to replace the replacement.

However, 95 - 99 % of the fog was seen on the inside of the driver's side of the windshield. I would have expected it to be on the passenger side. Any ideas why it would have formed there first?

Once I got home and got the car into the garage I noted visible vapor outside the car where I expected it to be (coming out of the outside vent at the base of the windshield). Did not see any anti-freeze dripping on the floor mat on the passenger side.

Did not see any oerheating per temperature gauge (remained at its usual 1/2 to 2/3 spot to the right on the gauge).

Tried to take a photo/video of the steaming vent but it is too large to load (perhaps when I get a chance I will load something out on Youtube)

Want to confirm it's time for another heater core replacement but asking about the fog location in order to avoid missing another issue that might exist.

Edited by madfins 2024-02-20 3:29 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ABloch
Posted 2024-02-20 5:41 PM (#633821 - in reply to #633815)
Subject: Re: Fog on Driver's Side Front Window - Heater Core

Expert

Does the vapor leave a slimy residue on the windshield? That would indicate coolant/anti-freeze is the source.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)