The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

other FL Cars I have Owned
Return to the album thumbnailsBack Next

My very first car, 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Spring Special, owned June through October 1974. I believe this car was a US built model because it had the B engine ( although it was a 2 barrel carb ) whereas I have been told all the Canadian built Custom Royals used only the 354 Poly, and this car also had the US Custom Royal interior upholstery and door panels, as well as the name Mopar embossed on the rad. The Canadian Custom Royals used US Royal upholstery and the Chryco name was embossed on the rad. Interesting thing that the dealer's chrome script on the trunk lid was from a Canadian dealer.... so I'm still trying to figure that one out. AND a neighbour on my street several houses up the road also had a 58 Custom Royal with the same upholstery, same engine etc., although his car was gold and white and not a Spring Special - and at the time we had no idea why mine had different trim than his - didn't know about the Spring Specials. What would be the chances of TWO US built 58 Custom Royals living on the same street at the same time in the same city on Vancouver Island, CANADA? I wish I could go back and research those two cars.

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)