Re: IML: Side marker lights started in '68, Chrysler's name forthem, and

Re: IML: Side marker lights started in '68, Chrysler's name forthem, and why only one year design...

'68 Imperials have square Nader Eyes, the only Mopar to use the square
version. All the other '68s were round. I've never heard a separate name for
the square version, but Nader Eyes seems to be commonly known among Mopar
enthusiasts...

Funny, in 1970 and 1971, Mother Mopar styled different side markers for the
various model lines, even differing on some lines between Dodge and Plymouth
versions (B-bodies, for example). They were either recessed or flush-mounted
and had either chrome or body-color trim, all nicely designed. In 1972, they
lost interest and went to a corporate design for nearly all models (except
for the fullsize cars). Imperial kept its own fancy ones, the coolest of
which (IMHO) were the shield-shaped rear side markers used all the way
through 1975. The rear fenders in my NYB are marked "CS" (first two letters
of the NYB VIN) instead of "Y" (Imperial VIN code) because of the sole
change from the the shields on the '75 Imperial to the plain rectangular
side markers of the NYB, requiring the stamping of a different hole.

Woulda been fun to see them use the Brougham crest in some illuminated
form...

--
Chris in LA
67 Crown