Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:21 AM
Subject: IML: Head Rests/restraints

Imperial in '64 or '65 had optional head rests for each front seat. My '66 has a pop up version on the passenger seat, which also reclines up to 45 degrees. I don't know if actual headrests were an option in '66 on other models with bench seats though.

Anyone out there with a '64-'65 with headrests?

As far as I know, "Head restraints" were mandated for all '69 cars I have
ever seen, except those on TV where they are removed due to visual
obstruction they caused.  Also Cadillac in '69 had such high seat backs, and
fairly flat restraints, many removed them.  As for your Imperial, is the
front seat original?  Been recovered?  I would be surprised if it did come
from the factory without them.  Check all the brochures, and photos, I have
never seen one without them, but I am also open to the experience.  Do you
have a picture?

Happy weekend all!

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA