Re: IML: Flipping Over the Air Cleaner Lid

Re: IML: Flipping Over the Air Cleaner Lid

hi actually this does work by introducing more air into the mix however going out and buying an aftermarket aircleaner and valve cover breather is inexpensive and looks good as well as performance and economy advantages also if you cant find a cleaner or breather that fits try what i did to my 83 lincoln town car with odd openings first instead of an aftermarket air cleaner i simply cut away all excess trim leaving a bottom and top saucer with the filter sandwiched between them creating a custom 360 degree cleaner and for the breather since the opening was smaller i had to use a breather designed for a japanese car i went to autozone to find these in the import performance section they are little colored breathers with a rubber bottom thats supposed to fit over a hose instead it fits snuggly in the valve cover hole try this and test the performance i also removed both catalytic converters and went duel exhaust with a pair of high performance thrush mufflers this increased my power between the 2 changes that i went from 10mpg city to 20mpg city 25mpg highway and for those of you with newer fi engines all the parts are import including air cleaner (looks like a funnel) good luck

jon palms
90 imperial