Re: IML: Flipping Over the Air Cleaner Lid

Re: IML: Flipping Over the Air Cleaner Lid

Also, those newer vehicles with air boxes containing the filter element can be modified by drilling a large hole or two in the lower rear area of the airbox.  A 2" or so hole saw does the job nicely.  Remove the box before drilling any holes to prevent damage to fenderwell.  Since the filter element is above the holes, all incoming air will be filtered.  Most of the new air box designs include "silencer baffles" to keep intake roar down.  These baffles are restrictive, limiting air flow, and a little roar never hurt anyone.  All this modification costs is time, and it's worth about a mile per gallon, depending on the weight of your right foot.  I've done this on a couple of my newer rigs and it works.   Joe Reiss