IML: Imperials; Modifications and mailing lists

IML: Imperials; Modifications and mailing lists

Maybe there should be a separate mailing list for people who want to modify
their Imperials?  This could avoid most of the philosophical differences
that seem to cause so much trouble here.

I respect the stock restorations, but I like to make changes.  I appreciate
what lengths the group goes to to do this with their cars.  And I enjoy
seeing those cars.

Yes, I am planning some changes to my car.  Nothing that can't be changed
back with a set of hand tools and maybe some paint.  I won't list what I
want to do here since it may offend most of the list.  My car sat in a barn
for 15 years before I brought it home.  Yes, I originally went to look at it
to pluck the 440, but after seeing the car I decided it was too nice to
allow that to happen.  There was one other person ahead of me with similar
plans, and he was going to send the rest to the crusher.  Lucky for me, and
the car, he was moving slowly, and the seller agreed the car was too nice to
let that happen.

I agree with Hugh on not cutting up a car that has survived x-number of
decades and to start with a rougher piece if you are going to replace most
of what made the car in the first place.  My car falls somewhere in between,
but like I mentioned, I am making it reversible should the next caretaker
wish to do that.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way.  I am not trying to stir up trouble.
Just the opposite.  I respect this group.  This past week another mailing
list/group I subscribe to has imploded over poor attitudes and flaming
e-mail.  Since disk brake conversions seem to be the sore point here, I'd
rather see a group spin off than tear this one apart.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron