IML: Another question on power steering...

IML: Another question on power steering...

Just got my 65 Le Baron running again. ?(Thanx to all on the list with all your suggestions when I had problems starting it - it was ingnition related). ?I drove it home and felt the steering was a bit stiffer than I expected. ?I know it's gonna be a bit stiff in the beginning, but it seemed excessively so. ?The gear box was rebuilt at Steer and Gear, whom I've heard nothing but great things about, they also rebuilt the collar/coupler. ?You know, the part that connects the box to the steering column. ?We decided to check the idler arm. ?It seemed way too stiff. ?My friend, who checked it, said that the idler arm should be manuvered easily when disconnected from the linkage. ?It wasn't. ?It was very hard to move.

Should the idler arm be loose? ?Any suggestions? ?I might just let the pros take care of this since they'll have to give me a proper alignment now anyway. ?I'm just curious.

Thanx.
John.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.