IML: Was 1962 imperial/now buying old cars

IML: Was 1962 imperial/now buying old cars

Gerry wrote:

"I bought my first 62 with the proverbial rose-colored glasses on (it's a sexy-looking thing) but found the frame had deteriorated badly."
Curious - where's the one you're looking at? If I've seen it, I'd be glad to share. Don't worry - I wouldn't think of competing with you. Best of luck

Well its nice to know that someone else has a pair of rose colored glasses in case I should misplace mine;)

I was wearing them when I bought my 67 Crown Coupe seven years ago. Though I didn't get burned too bad on the purchase the end result is a car that has not seen the road in three plus years .
The best advice I could give someone looking at an old car is take someone with you!
They will most always look at the car more realistically than you can.

               Clay Smith
               67 Crown Coupe
               60 Custom

----- Original Message ----- From: Captden30@xxxxxxx Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2005 10:14 pm Subject: IML: 1962 imperial

i am looking at a 62 crown next week. anything i shoud look for in

particular on this model and year? any tips would be appreciated.
thanks,   dennis