RE: IML: Part # needed for 68 window motor

RE: IML: Part # needed for 68 window motor

>From Hailey Moore on 11/12/04:

The best source for a window motor is out of a dodge dynasty, or
plymouth acclaim. I have found out that they are an identicle motor.
Some of them even have the same plug. My dad has a friend who owns a
salvage yard. We figured this out when one of the window motors died
in a 64 Imperial. It is the same motor as a bunch of other 60s mopars
with power windows too. You can probably get a cheap one from the
local dealer if you order one for say an 89 Dodge Dynasty. Just make
sure it is not the dynasty with the cable driven power windows.

Let me know if you need any more window motor info, I have a lot of
experience with them.

-- David

                      "Dick Benjamin"
                      <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>               To:       <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      ialclub.com

                      02/03/2005 08:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      mailing-list

I recall a discussion about these motors, and I think it was stated that
the
motors used way up into the 80's are still the same motors, although it
seems the rights and lefts were interchanged.  Someone else on the list
will
chime in with more information, I'll bet.

Dick Benjamin