Re: IML: Exhaust preferences

I hope the possibilities have not been 'exhausted'. I intend to fit headers and dual 2.5" exhaust producing a classic V8 burble to my 67 convertible. I have a good exhaust man who knows how to produce an unrestrictive exhaust with a good sound. It is important to find someone who is an expert not just a pipe fitter. Although I can recommend Parramatta Exhaust Centre it is probably a bit far to come to Sydney Australia for an exhaust! I will also fit bolt on wire wheels with spinners-see www.wirewheels.com.au. My intent is for my Imperial to be 'restified' to better than new with enhancements to make it an even better road car, and ensure it can blow any silly little rice burner into the weeds.
Rgds & keep those Imperials going
John
67 Imperial, 70 Super Bee, 72 Challenger

"Klebert L. Hall" <swampyankee@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: "Tim Hulse"
>Subject: IML: 1956 Imperial Exhaust
>
>Ok everyone,
> It's to the point for the new exhaust. I got the e-brake working
>tonight so I feel I can leave it with someone. Taking a survey to see
>who likes quiet, like factory or slightly modified with glass packs. I
>know it's a personal choice but I would like to know what every one else
>is doing these days.

When I get exhausts done on an Imperial, I like the least restrictive
system I can get without sacrificing much (if any) quietness. I don't mind
if you can hear the exhaust note a little when you get into the throttle,
but under normal operation silence is key - I generally like to hear the
engine and air intake sound more than the exhaust sound. I also go with dual
exhausts if at all possible.
-Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT