Re: IML: Fatest Mopar

Cool.  Why did you build that 440 with only 8.5 compression ratio?  These cars
did not have very good aerodynamics, and were very wide (large frontal area).
Still, a higher compression 440 would do better.  Car Life had tested a stock
64 Imperial with 413 single exhaust but 10.1:1 compression ratio at 121 mph.

The Daytona had a good high speed potential due to its aerodynamics.  Too bad
most production cars had 3.55 gears, a contradiction I don't understand.  WHy
would you gear a car with a much of aerodynamic aids with 3.55 or 4.1?

I think the point was about stock cars though, not modified.  My guess is the
Hemi daytonas or your 446 daytona came stock with low gear ratios.  The ones
that raced in the indy 500 were a different story.

D^2

Quoting SpicemanII@xxxxxxx: