Re: IML: 68 Dedan hubs plus B-pillar covers

Re: IML: 68 Dedan hubs plus B-pillar covers

It has been a while since I looked at this, but if you want to bring it back to
stock, you can have two spacers built with the bolt pattern and use the same
oild and machined hubs.  Its probably best to use steel or cast iron for the
spacers, aluminum would be cheaper, but it has 3 times the thermal expansion.

Since you have a sedan, here is an interesting "conversion" I did to mine.  The
B-pillar covers were all cracked and making noises (this Sedan must have had a
zillion miles before I got it [I put only 75K on it], since even the B-pillar
covers were worn out).  The real problem is that in 68 they tried to cheapen up
the car in a few spots, and installed this plastic B-pillar cover.  In the
hardtops it probably does not matter, but in the Sedans, that long cover does
not hold too well.  I found a set from a 67 that were sheet metal, and about
the same color (I say about, because they have a bit of surface rust).  I
bolted them on, but unfortunately the B-pilac covers do not match the contour
at the edge of the door interior pannels.  Small difference though.  I am not
going back to the plastic B-pillar covers though, they were cracked and the
material is low quality even new.  I will probably replace the door pannels,
that are discolored anyway with 67's.  Does anybody know if the door pannels
from a hardtop will fit a Sedan?

William, what's wrong with your door?  I hope you know the Sedan is the most
rare model out there.  However, a door from a 67 Sedan will fit.  I may be able
to give you the e-mail of that fellow with the 67 Sedan that I bought the
B-pillar covers, but I don't know if his doors are rusty.  THe other option is
to repair what you have.

D^2