Re: IML: Welding questions

yes. the 110 volt wire feed welder will work .

 this is a suggestion> practice on a piece of scrap metal first , a small piece will do for a practise. try welding in different angels as this will prepare you for one of those tight spots you may run in to on you'r car. ( to test you'r welds) try this . grind the welds flush with the metal surface if the weld doesn't hold then you may want to either turn up the settings on the welder or you can weld slower. if the weld holds then keep at it , practise untile you can weld a scrap piec of metal , grind it down and the metal would look as if it was one .

when I use a welder im not familiar with I allways practise on a scrap piece first.. once I just jumped at the chance to weld  ignoring what others had told me about proper use and safety. I can tell you this , putt safety first. I got welders flash . believe me you don't want it ti happen to you.

 I was taught to weld with torch welding and mig. and I have learned that when ever you use a different brand or type of welding than you'r used to. you'r bound to make mistakes. so that is why I suggest practising.

good luck. and have fun fixing up you'r car.

imperialman <imperialman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings everyone
  Moving along at a snails pace with the bodywork/ re-paint on my 67 Imperial  I am now ready to weld in a couple of small patch panels .
 My question is can this be done using a non-mig welding setup?
 I have access to a  110 volt wire feed welder .
 Would this type welder  work or am I asking for trouble?
            Clay Smith
           67 Crown Coupe
           60 Custom

Do you Yahoo!?