pair for under $1500, I'll buy in.

From: Cebuisle2@xxxxxxx

Hello

Although I'm not a metalurgist, I almost think the pods on the 55's could
be
re-cast in brass of bronze using the lost sand method, and then plated. Mine
are complete except the bottom portions where moisture hung out-replacing
the
 lost metal would probably involve welding in a radius of 20 degrees to the
existing round circle. I would try it if I had a spare-but every old one
I've
looked at was worse than mine- Has anyone else successfully had these
repaired?
There must be a bunch of 55 owners out there!

And yes, I forgot the Buick and Lincoln exhausts, which along with the Imps
and Cads also had these through-the-bumper exhausts. Beautiful idea-WHY
didn't
 they use stainless??

        TED