Re: IML: '66 Imperial w/ Original Triple Band W.W. Tires!

Re: IML: '66 Imperial w/ Original Triple Band W.W. Tires!

The abandoned cars described remind me of an experience years ago. had just visited a friend in the Perkasie area of Pennsylvania.who owned a nice '56 Imp. He suggested I stop and view an old used car lot on my way back home to Maine. The site was a short distance from his home. I found the place and stopped the car on the street next to a patch of overgrown woods. The day was foggy and misty, and I left the wife in the Imp and pushed through the thick undergrowth for a hundred feet or so until I was completely out of sight of the busy  traffic area I had parked in. Suddenly-there it was-an abandoned used car dealership that hadn't seen a customer in probably thirty years. Rows of cars from the forties and fifties sat there on the cracked blacktop on their flat whitewalls amid ruined colorful advertising flags and a complete salesman's shack. Not a window smashed  -no vandalism evident. It was a spooky feeling, one I have never forgotten, as if a time warp had occurred and this was a remnant of a lost period in a Huxley novel-

My friend said the owner had died years ago. He would not dicker on his fleet of cars-so never sold them. The old man stubbornly sat in his shack day after day. After death the site became tied up in litigation between many potential heirs-and thus it remained. There were Packard convertibles from the Forties, Imp hardtops, and Crown Victorias galore. I got soaked pushing my way back to the car, and my wife said "What did you see?" I couldn't explain it. What a waste-

                                                                      Ted