From: "John T. Folden" <nedloftj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1990 Imperial

On Feb 17, 2005, at 12:05 PM, Timothy J. Boehm, DMD, MS wrote:

> I need a opinion from some one who underatsnds these issues, I do
> not! The computer board is over USD 400 at the dealer! if I need a
> new one does anyone have

I may be incredibly wrong but I could have sworn that I've seen
information on how to 'adjust' the settings for the overhead compass
and temperature gauge in at least the '93 Imperial and assume this
would apply to the '90, as well. It was either the owners manual or one
of the Haynes books (Chrysler Full-Size 88-93 [FWD]?) if not online. I
wish I could remember but as I had no troubles with those I didn't pay
much attention to it.

In the mean time, one quick thing you might try is to disconnect the
car battery and let the car sit for a bit and then see what the reading
shows.

> one for sale or any idea wher I can locate a used one? Also how do I
> get the Overhead Console to release from the roof area without
> breaking it??

If you haven't figured this bit out and still need to do it, drop me
another line over the weekend and I'll try to dig out the take apart
diagram.

John