IML: Imperial names

(Imperial names)

Hello, list,

Maybe my children and I had been watching too many Kevin Smith movies around the time I acquired my '73 LeBaron, but it is named "Silent Bob." I don't really know why, except that my nickname is "Jay." Previous to Silent Bob my driver was an '84 Olds 98 called "the Wide Ride." After son Jamie was t-boned in that car I was given another '84 Olds 98 that is known as "Ordell" after the Samuel L. Jackson character in the "Jackie Brown" movie, who shot and killed a henchman in the trunk of a similar car. Elsewhere in the fleet: "Baby Flattop," a 1985 Fifth Avenue named by a co-worker who called my driveway an aircraft carrier dock, a '93 Caravan called "Dodge Van Dam," and my daughter's '93 Grand Am, "Rob Grand Am." Yeah, she watches wrestling. Thanks for all the stories of Imperial names!

Jay King
Meridian, Mississippi

Honey Gold 1973 LeBaron 4DHT