Re: IML: Old cars and TV shows

good point. that is a shame because like so many programs today are aimed at the much younger generation, and they just forget about all others over 30 years of age. I have digital cable and somewhere in the neibor hood of 600 chanels and most of the time I cant find a dang thing on worth watching, so that is why I have my imperial. to spend my time on. it's much more entertaining to fix up that car anyway.
 and it would be frightening to overly expose the power of the imperials, as so many people would junk out a good car just for the engine .

Hugh & Therese <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was offered the chance a few years ago to have Mrs. Blueberry on some sort
of horse power type TV show but I declined the offer. My car is definitely
not ready for the cameras, nor was it then. I had visions of them drooling
over the 392 Hemi and in a way I thought I might be hastening the demise of
the breed by alerting more yahoos to where the engines could be found.

TV is odd. They edit down what you tell them to a sound bite anyway. My
friend, who tried to get me to take part, has a Plymouth GTX. He was so
excited they were featuring his car. They interviewed him and filmed it
inside and out. In the end it showed up in a montage for a second or two.
They spent all their time on a Thunderbird and a 57 Chevrolet. Go figure.
Even in this world they go for high common denominator vehicles. The
thinking is that they would lose viewers running stuff about a car not
everybody can recognize immediately.

Hugh