From: David Whitney <david.whitney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: '81 Imperial mystery part
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:14:14 -0800

Hi, all --

I sent this question to a guru, but maybe he's not come down from the
mountaintop yet.  I humble myself with apology for my impatience.  I am but
a grasshopper.  Not a good name for an Imperial, by the way.

I am looking at an '81 that has been sitting for a while.  The seller says
her mechanic told her it needs something called a "hydraulic support
plate".  I have never heard of such a beast.  She doesn't know the symptom
because she never drove the car.  What could this be, and is it difficult
to install?

Thanks,

David