IML: '73 LeBaron brakes

Jay;
I had much the same problem with a booster/master changeout on my '65 Crown Coupe.  I took the new master cylinder back to the parts house to trade it for a another new one and found that the pedal pushrod was different.  The overall length was the same, but the "eyelet" that the pedal pivots on should be a bit further forward.  The extra length on the wrong pushrod meant that the brakes were applied all the time until they heated and the fluid expanded bringing everything to a slow halt.  Anyone who needs to change out the booster/master combo would do well to compare the old one to the new one at the parts counter before installing the wrong pushrod.  I think this is a potential problem on '63 thru the '70's Imperials vs other Mopars.
Cheers,
Roger