RE: IML: Unit-body vs body-on-frame

> Henry, That brings up another point I had forgotten to mention. I work at
> Fort Dix, US Army base in New Jersey. The DOD Police (Dept. of Defense) are
> using the new Chevy Impalas which most of you should know is a unibody
> construction. The cars are not holing up from the daily use. Many of them
> are having body problems like what you mention with your unibody cars. The
> Ford Crown Vic's which is a body on frame design held up much better. I've
> talked to the New Jersey state troopers who uses the Fords, and don't have
> the problems they had with the unibody cars in the pass.

Let's not be confused or condemn a design method on the low quality of one type
of car.  Let's not forget for example that the best police cars ever in terms
of durability and performance were the Chrysler C-body, a unit body
construction.

Both Christofer Hoffman and I explained the advantages of the unit body.  You
can believe what you want, but I like to believe on the laws of physics as
opposed to myths and bias, or observations from too small samples to draw
meaningful conclusions.

D^2