IML: Poor old Big Dog

Poor old Big Dog! There he was, trying to help a list member get a product he actually seems to need, and now all these messages.

My advice to Phil / Big Dog would be to introduce himself a little better in his e-mails. It is amazingly true that just about every problem is caused by bad communication. If only Saddam had not been such a big fibber about his weapons program . . . oh, well, maybe a bad example, but you get the point.

A short introduction along the lines of, "I am a list member who is also a vendor," would have gone a long way to avoid setting off the hackles of the original recipient. I'm not sure I would not have felt the same way myself. We live in an increasingly dangerous internet world and no one likes to get unsolicited offers from unknown senders.

Just a thought from someone who has been known to be unable to communicate properly himself, on occasion.

Hugh