IML: 58 Sales Strip Show

Even as I tippety tap in my two fingered way through this message, I am finally getting around to taping the old 331/3 LP that came with the a 1958 Imperial sales strip I acquired several years ago. I have just, through the miracle of e-bay, acquired a suitable amplifier for my record player and a matching tape player / recorder. I hope that there is still someone out there who can take the tape and the 35 mm film strip and copy it digitally onto our web site. There are some sixty images and the LP goes "Bink" every time the film strip should be advanced to the next frame.

It's a sales training lesson for Imperial salesman. A comparison is made with the 58 Cadillac. The idea is to compliment the Cadillac but to emphasize that the Imperial is considerably better. As has been said in a different setting, "The best is the enemy of the good."

I think the 'show' will make a nice addition to the site. Are there any such 'shows' for other years on the site already? I am somewhat blinkered in my use of the site. I am only really familiar with the 58 pages. As has been said in a different setting, "The best is . . .

Someone, in Texas, I think, volunteered to copy it once before without damaging the film strip, which is important to me. I also have the original box and notes to be handed out during the sales meeting. I can copy those myself for the site. I hope he is still available. For one reason or another, I could not make good copies of anything that originated on LP, but with the 'new' amplifier, I can make much better copies. The LP, though a little warped, does not jump which is always a benefit.

Hugh
San Antonio, Texas