IML: Ok lets cool our jets here a bit

Kids,

Im gonna step out here for a second, and ask that everyone just cool their jets a bit regarding this entire thing about vendors posting and all. There is a subtle difference between a few folks out here who have been long time members, who are car folks at heart, who really truly strive to see others find the parts and pieces they need to keep their cars alive and the guys like Famous Frank Mitchell ( yes I know some people just love him ) and the one and only John Rosen who are , well in my humble opinion just out there to screw their neighbors and really dont give a rip about you getting your car running or not.

My point, ok.....I know we have the official rules and were not sposed to do the one liners, the " Ive got that part email me " and such kind of stuff. Its not like Phil in this case, or Bob H, or any of several others who do this kind of side business are clogging up the list with posts like this constantly. Think about it, did you search the net for Imperial for the socializing and comaraderie at first, or were you wondering if there were ANY sources out there besides Hemmings and all the other print media we have all checked out already. As unfair as it may be, Imperials are pretty much orphans in the aftermarket and the specialty interest arena.

I can live with seeing a few posts like this now and then, each one of us subscribed for our own reason and each of us hits the delete key for their own reasons, its very very subjective. I cant really say too much about the address harvesting issue, I think the list does an excellent job at keeping us anonymous from all the bots and other programs out there who live to bombard us all with spam every day.

Now, imho....if a member wants to add their own philosophical or spiritual side to their signature, who am I to say they shouldnt? Go ahead and disagree with me, its your right...just remember another one of our " official rules " that the Impcops post from time to time, - and Im paraphrasing here - that we dont flame each other or post derogatory , inflammatory, obscene etc material. Having been here as long as I have, and having broken most of the rules at least twice by now, I think we should just step back and agree to disagree. I cant see where anyone who posted was intentionally trying to wrong someone else.

Just my 2 cents, not an Impcop and not trying to fan the fires at all, just a little dismayed at how quickly this is heading off on the wrong direction.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe